Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kidney bean meat loaf

I love meatloaf and it always goes down well with my fella when I make it. But I wanted to try somthing different, A way to make the loaf healthier and go farther. So I thought to myself kidney beans!!
Take a tin of kidney beans (drain off the liquid) and pop them an egg and half an onion into a blender and blend till mush.
Add about 2 cups of breadcrumbs 300g of ground beef 2 tsp of salt, pepper and either garlic powder or fresh garlic.
Mix it all together and turn out onto a sheet of greese proof paper.
shape into a foaf shape and pop into the oven 200 degrees for an hour.
This meatloaf is moist and tasty and instead of  my normal meatloaf which per slice would be 23g of fat this is 15g or fat and double the protine per slice!!
I served it with penne in a homemade tomato sauce!
Eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment