Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Oreo Cupcakes!!

Ok so Iv gonna a lil cupcake mad!!
I made a huge batch over the weekend for a family day to the beach and all week Iv been looking up recipes, frosting techniques and equipment.
Today I was craving chocolate and itching to do some baking but I had no need and no coco to bake with, what I did have was 4 oreo cookies just enough to to for cupcakes in my teacup cupcake moulds!!

I took 65g of butter room temp and mixed that with 65g or caster sugar until fluffy.
I put 3 oreos into a blender with an egg and a desert spoon of milk and blended.
I sieved 100g of self raising flour into the butter sugar mix and then added the wet ingredients and folded together.I greased the cupcake moulds and filled 3/4 of the way up, poped them into a preheated oven (180') for 15 min.

for the frosting I took 1 oreo and blended it with a tbsp of double cream.
I creamed together equal parts butter and icing sugar then whipped in the oreo cream mix!
Spread it on n sprinkle choco bits on top

The frosting tasted good but separated a bit I think cause of the oreo cream. When I do it again Ill remove the cream from the oreos then grind them and add them last to the frosting I think it will improve the colour and consistency of the frosting!!

Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment